Introducing our new Catering Supplier - Pabulum!
Dear Parents and Guardians
We are incredibly excited to share with you that we have a new catering company called Pabulum starting with us after Christmas. They will be replacing HC3S in the kitchen, cooking all the schools meals for our pupils.
The main points to note are:
- There will be a greater choice of foods and meals on a 3 week rotating basis.
- The price will remain the same at Juniors at £3 and will be covered by Universal Free School Meals at the Infants.
- Tuck will still be available at the Junior school (max. £1 per day) although we are not yet sure what items will be on offer.
- Special Diet requirements have been passed to Pabulum already and Special Menus will follow very soon.
- Pabulum promote that they will use local suppliers and fresh food to provide healthy, tasty meals.
- The Pabulum dining experience is not just about the food, but also gives the children an attractive dining space with new furnishing to improve their eating space (these will be phased in).
- Payment via Arbor will remain the same, or you can bring cash into the school office.
The Welcome Letter from Pabulum is here: https://www.winkleburyfederation.co.uk/attachments/download.asp?file=442&type=pdf, and
The new Menu is here: https://www.winkleburyfederation.co.uk/attachments/download.asp?file=441&type=pdf
We do apologise that there isn't much time before the end of term for you to ask questions - there has been a lot to get in place behind the scenes before we were able to tell you about this. We are thrilled that it is happening though, and can't wait for your children to taste the new food that will be on offer. Some staff did get to try a few items during the changeover process, and confirmed it is all very tasty!
Please do email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and we will do our best to reply.
We do have the inset day on 2nd January when we will be in the office so please don't panic if you don't hear back before then.